Welcome to my website. My name is Michelle Chalmers and I have lived in Leamington Spa with my family since 2001. I practise clinical reflexology in Leamington Spa from the Traditional Acupuncture Centre.
I have always had busy, stressful jobs and following the birth of my second child I wanted to find a better balance in my life. My aim was to improve my wellbeing and health by changing my lifestyle choices. The work stress and the resulting stress of my work/life balance was having a negative impact on my wellbeing and my health.
I have always been drawn towards complementary therapies, opting for a natural way to improve my health where possible. It was this, along with the holistic ethos of reflexology – and the results I experienced – that inspired me to retrain as a reflexologist. I felt, if I was going down this path, I would train at the highest level possible and was lucky enough to find Allison Walker at the Contemporary Reflexology College. The level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology is the highest qualification in the UK today as well as being recognised throughout Europe. All units on this course are assigned to the Nursing and Subjects and Vocations Allied to Medicine Sector and are 100% specific to becoming a Professional Clinical Reflexologist.
- Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology (incorporating extensive Anatomy, Pathology and Physiology training at a level recognised by the NHS.)
- Specialised training in Enhancing Fertility and Maternity Care Reflexology
- Auricular Reflexology
- Hand Reflexology
- Specialised training in Adapting Reflexology for Palliative Care
- Specialised training in Adapting Reflexology for those living with cancer
- Meridian Reflexology
- NEPIP – NeuroEndoPsychoImmunoPody – a new treatment designed to help clients with anxiety and stress
- Inner Intent Reflexology
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Specialised training in Reflexology for women’s health
During training and since qualifying I have worked with a wide range of clients and conditions. Clients are treated holistically rather than focusing on just the symptom or condition and each treatment plan is tailored to the clients’ needs at the time.
I continue to train and develop to keep my knowledge refreshed with a particular interest in women’s health including menopause and peri menopause.
To assure you of a certain standard of code of practise and ethics, I am a registered member of Professional Reflexology Association , the Association of Reflexologists and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council CNHC.